Every year, new and capable youthful on-screen characters and performing artists ascend to the highest point of the aggressive universe of Hollywood. Some of these new faces will arrive pined for parts, transform studio...
- Ethiopia frees opposition leader Merera GudinaCelebrations as Merera Gudina among more than 400 others released from prison as part of a wider government amnesty.
- Suicide bombing in Borno market causes multiple deathsThe attack took place on the outskirts of a displacement camp in Nigeria's north-eastern state of Borno.
- Philippines: Thousands flee as volcano readies to blowMt Mayon has erupted at least 50 times in the last 500 years and appears ready to blow again at any time.
- Benin photographer captures voodoo via the lensCOTONOU, BENIN (Reuters) - Hundreds of Beninois marked National Voodoo Day, celebrating the once-banned religion on Wednesday with a series of ceremonies across the country.
- Metropolitan Museum to charge fixed admission fee for non-New YorkersNEW YORK (Reuters) - New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the world's most popular museums, will start charging a fixed admission fee for out-of-state visitors rather than urge they pay a suggested donation, museum officials announced on Thursday.
- Rio ballerinas struggle amid Brazil's financial crisisRIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Rio de Janeiro's opulent Municipal Theatre has gone quiet this year as months of unpaid wages emptied its calendar of major works and pushed many ballerinas and opera singers into poverty.